- Under the hood improvements related to outdated YellowDog barcodes.
- Small changes have been made into the code
- We’ve added “_OLD” text to unused items, so that the new items can take the previously assigned barcodes
To catch the change, look at the below example: -> previously: “Burger” item had “12345” code -> changed to: “Burger” item is marked as “12345_OLD” now: “Burrito” item can take the “12345” code, as it’s no longer used by “Burger” item
- Thanks to this change, new products with recycled barcodes from inactive products can be added to Yellow Dog inventory system
- Old items will be marked as inactive or deleted to not scan duplicates on Activate
1. KDS – changes when syncing orders between Activate and KDS
- Orders finalized via Activate should show up in KDS within 20 seconds when no previous order had been placed for a while.
- Verified Activate orders should show up in KDS within 10 seconds if Orders were placed in succession
- Issue with Activate orders that are marked as completed on Connect, but they never went through when finalising purchase via Activate.
- Inconsistencies in data between Category Sales Report and Net sales Vendor Breakdown for a single venue.
- Some minor problems with closed checks flow when Check Syncing is used on Activate.
- Open Activate (version that supports Check Syncing)
- Open check order with CC
- Add one items to the check
- Close check order
- Add second items to the closed check
- Correct behavior now: second item is rejected. Check has been closed.
- FreedomPay contactless EMV payments – changes.
- Once contactless EMV payments are ready on the Ingenico device, Activate will be sending some data to Connect and then, Connect will send another values to FreedomPay
- Changed data about transaction type will include point of sale entry mode = “ricc”. This will show that it was a contactless EMV transaction