Creating promotions for items – ability to set promotion as reocurring on certain days.
In the new “Discounts” page, it is possible to add promotions that will be reocurring based on the selected time period.
To be able to create a promotion (e.g. “Happy Hours” that will be repeated for some items every day between 10-11:00 on specific days of the week), you need to:
– open Connect → Discounts page
– select “Create new Discount”
– fill in the basic information such as: Name, Display name, Discount Details
– select Activation Date/Time and Expiration Date/Time, depending on your preferences – notice the new flag: “Does this promotion repeat weekly?” – if you select “YES”, you can enable/disable each of the 7 days of the week for the promotion to repeat on: for example: Monday/Wednesday/Sunday
– below “Repeat on” choice, you can select specific time for the promotion to occur, i.e. between 10:00 and 11:00
– you will only need to define the time range once (and not for each of the days the user has enabled)
– by default, the “Does this promotion repeat weekly” flag will be disabled, and the promotion will just follow the standard date/time range like normal
– of course, once your promotion is ready, you need to make sure that it is enabled for correct Vendor, and that your item(s) are assigned to that promotion. To preview assigned items, open Discounts → select your Discount → reach “Assigned Items” tab, and Add / Delete items
New Employee Role toggles for “Signature Amount”.
We’ve added additional “Signature Amount” thresholds for standard tenders (except for Cash). This is especially useful for split transactions, so that signatures will not be required when they aren’t needed.
If you choose to set different Signature Amount thresholds for various tenders, you will be prompted for a signature (when paying in Activate) not based on the whole tender amount.
To add new thresholds, you need to:
– open Connect → Options → Employee Roles
– select the Employee Role that you want to update
– navigate to “Payments” tab
– access the “Signature Amount” next to the payment you want to update (i.e. Credit / Loaded Ticket or Gift Card / RFID)
– save your changes
New “Open Price” settings.
– navigate to Connect → Items → select an item → Prices tab
– set the “Open Price” toggle to YES
– notice there’s a new “Require Data Entry” (Yes/No) toggle. If you choose “Yes”, then when purchasing this items with Activate, you will see a pop-up that has a SKU/Barcode field, and a “Notes” window. The SKU/Barcode field is not a required field, but focus is on this field when the pop-up first appears and the scanner needs to be enabled while in this field – these two connect options do not have to be enabled together, so you could have “Open Price” enabled, but “Require Data Entry” is disabled. Equally you could have “Open Price” disabled, but “Require Data Entry” enabled. And we need to still display the correct pop-ups based on these configurations.
– after the item is added to the cart, a cashier needs the ability to modify the “Notes” entered within the “Notes” field of the Item Details screen.
– additionally, there’s an Employee Role setting under Options → Employee Roles → Checkout → “Auto-Print Item Notes” – when you enable the above Employee Role setting, after the transaction is tendered, “Item Data Entry” receipt will be printed after the customer’s receipt prints
Cashroom reports and Stand Sheets improvements.
Bank amount entered should not be reported in Cashroom reports and Stand Sheets until Vendor is finalized for selected event in Cash Management.
Events → Stand Sheets – new export options.
When you navigate to Events’ Stand Sheets, you should be able to export all Stand Sheets.
– click on the settings (burger) icon next to “Export Options”
– there are two new options to print Stand Sheets that are with blank counts
– select “Export All Blank as PDF” or “Export All Blank as ZIP”
Sending unique terminal ID to Connect.
– devices equipped with Activate iOS (v.7.4) will now be sending the unique terminal ID to Connect
– a regular Connect user will not be able to check this ID, as it will only be passing through defined payment gateways to identify the devices where the payment was made
Custom Fees – adding automatic fee to the check. – navigate to Options → Custom Fees
– select or create a new Custom Fee
– there’re 3 new options added: Apply Fee Automatically: if enabled, a custom fee to be automatically applied to a check when opened Set a guest count threshold to trigger the fee: if enabled, a certain guest count threshold (e.g. equal to or greater than 6) triggers a custom fee automatically on a check Require manager pin to remove fee from check: if enabled, a manager approval is required prior to removing fee from the check. example usage:
I’ve got my Custom Fee = 20% active. Then, I use it when opening a new check. If guest count is equal to or greater than 6, a 20% fee is applied automatically to the check. This fee should update as items are added to the order.
“Proxy Server” flag added to Employee Role.
– a new flag is added to Connect → Options → Employee Role → General Tab → “Ps Proxy Server”
– when enabled, any employee that belongs to this Employee Role will have the ability to open/edit/close checks for other employees example usage:
The new option allows to access all vendor checks and to order and pay for them on a Server’s behalf who is i.e on break
Quick Chip workflow – changes.
– Quick Chip is a feature that enables to accept a CC payment as soon as the cart in Activate is filled with some items
– user adds an item to cart and the payment device lights up
To enable Quick Chip, make sure that:
– the “Quick Chip” button in Options → Employee Roles → Payment Tab is enabled
– the EMV payment type is also enabled for the correct Employee Role
– when “Quick Chip” is disabled, the cart will behave normally
Assigning inventory items by Vendors – improvements.
Currently, when you assign inventory items by Vendors → Assigning Items, you will notice some details added. This would help to differentiate similar items.
New details displayed are:
– base unit
– transfer unit
– purchase unit
– conversion from transfer to purchase unit
Options → Price Levels
– all the changes you’ve made on Price Levels page will appear without need to clear cache
Issues with Tax Per Item visibility.
Connect → Orders view – problems with not visible cash returns.