This release includes the following feature and usability enhancements.
- Changed the screen that displays when users log into Interact. Now users are taken to the attract screen rather than directly to the order screen.
- Updated the initial Phone Login screen, so customers receive text notifications about their order. If customers sign-in as a guest, they have the option to enter a phone number (or enter a new phone number if they previously logged in with another number) after they complete their purchase.
- Improved the shopping cart. Now newly-added items display at the bottom of the list. If the list is too long to display, the screen automatically scrolls to the newly-added items.
- Removed the ‘Add Loyalty’ button for credit card payments. If the business has configured a stored value or loyalty program in Connect, users are prompted to apply the loyalty option before the payment option is selected.
- Improved the imagery and directional text displayed for the SKIDATA payment option.
- Improved the imagery and text displayed for the credit and debit card payment options.
- Added support for item-level SKIDATA Member Benefits. Users can apply the benefits in a single scan/swipe along with available SKIDATA Loaded Value amounts. This release does not include order-level discounts.
- Removed the ‘Back’ button from the Signature screen. If customers wish to cancel their payment, they must cancel the order.
- Improved printed receipts. Added a space between the order prefix and check number, so it’s easier to read. Updated the prefix field to allow for 10 characters (previously allowed 3 characters).
Now customers can use a SKIDATA Loaded Value card during checkout to apply available Member Benefits discounts to their order.
- Currently, only item-level discounts are available.
- A new Discount needs to be created in Connect and the details of that discount need to be replicated in the Member Benefits dashboard provided by SKIDATA. When replicating the discount at SKIDATA, they’ll include the Discount ID provided by Connect.
- Users will not be required to select the discount. If the user has Member Benefits assigned and pays with a SKIDATA Loyalty Value card, then the benefits are automatically added to the transaction.
Before you create or configure the discount in Connect, verify the following options are enabled:
- Click Options > Permission Sets.
- Click the Permission Set you want to modify.
- Click the Payments tab.
- Set the ‘Enable easy splits’ option to Yes.
- Click Save.
See “How to Enable Easy Split Payments in Connect” for additional information.
|SKIDATA Loaded Value
- Click Options > Employee Roles.
- Click the Employee Role you want to modify.
- Click the Payments tab.
- Set the ‘SKIDATA Loaded Value’ option to Yes and configure the option.
- Click Save Employee Role.
To configure the discount in Connect:
- Click Options > Discounts.
- On the Discounts page, perform one of the following actions:
* Click the Discount you want to modify.
* Click Create for a new discount.
- In the Add Discount window, enter the required information, and then click Save.
Note: Currently, only item-level discounts are available.
- Click the Discount you just created.
- Look at the URL. The number at the end if the URL is the Remote Discount ID. The Discount ID will be used for replicating the discount in the SKIDATA Portal.
A new Discount needs to be created in Connect and the details of that discount need to be replicated in the Member Benefits dashboard provided by Skidata.
See “Discounts” for information about this feature.
To configure the discount in the SKIDATA Portal:
- From the Main page, click the Loyalty.Logic tab, click the Loyalty button (icon is two gears), and then click Member Value.
- On the Member Value page, click Member Benefit Types.
- On the Member Benefit Types page, click Add New.
- On the Member Benefit Type Editor page, in the Title field type ‘Benefit Type’ and verify the Is Active box is checked.
- Click Update.