Adjust Tip feature.
How can I use Adjust Tip feature?
You open a check order with Activate and add a tip when finalizing transaction with a Credit Card.
Later, you notice that you’ve added the wrong tip and want to change its amount.
With Adjust Tip feature, you can adjust the tip amount on a check.
What’s new on Connect for Adjust Tip?
1. To enable Adjust Tip for your Activate account you need to:
– open Connect → navigate to Options → open Employee Roles
– open Fee/Tip/Tax tab
– switch the “Adjust Tip Allowed” to Yes
2. Under Fee/Tip/Tax tab on Employee Role, there’s a Delay Time for Adding Tip button:
– there, you can adjust the time of capture delay (e.g. 2 minutes)
– when e.g. 2 minutes delay time is set, it means that after adding first tip, user has 2 minutes to adjust the amount of the initial tip
– the Delay Time must be set to minimum 1 minute
Note! When the Delay Time for Adding Tip is set to e.g. 2 minutes, you will be able to track the tip added to order on Connect once the predefined delay time has elapsed.
3. There’s also one flag added to Permissions Sets
– navigate to Connect → Options → Permissions Sets → Menu
– set the Require Pin for adjust Tip flag to YES
– as a result, when trying to adjust tip via Activate, user will be prompted to enter Manager PIN
- Inventory enhancements that allow to:
– add depletion rates to modifiers via Inventory page
– Purchase Order totals are now visible prior to their completion date/time
– when opening Events → Event Types, it is possible to add bank templates to event types
- Suites (also called “Advanced Ordering”) changes including:
– possibility to add Item Notes to the Kitchen Production Report
– ability to email order to Suites users
– ability to add a custom “Legalese” and Venue address under Suites → Settings page
– ability to view Preorder Notes in the Event Order Report
– “Captains Notes” are now removed from the Suite Order Confirmation email attachment
- General Restaurant Module bugfixes.
- Price Levels.
– previously, when selecting a Price Level for an Event it was not possible to deactivate the chosen level
- Par Levels – general improvements of the feature.
- Suites (Advanced Ordering) – fixed the faulty behavior causing an active Custom Fee being assigned to an inactive Vendor.
1. API calls enhancements including:
– changes in ‘last_modified’ API to reflect Venue’s timezone