- Easy Split feature now available on iPod/iPhone.
Users can split payments between tenders, display discount buttons and fees, and utilize loyalty options.
Easy Split must be enabled in Connect: Permissions Set > Payments > Enable Easy Splits > Yes
Please contact your Client Success Manager or Appetize Support
(firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional information.
- Adjust Tip feature now available in Restaurant mode.
The new Adjust Tip feature is available when using Check/Tab.
- Auto fee logic added to support Restaurant mode.
When threshold is set to zero the auto fee is applied to each check.
- Logic added to prevent open checks with identical names.
When a check is created it cannot use the same guest name or table number as an existing open check.
- Tax is now applied to the convenience fee.
Fixed an issue where tax was only applied to the subtotal, not to both convenience fee and subtotal.
- Thank You screen updated to correct display issue.
Fixed an issue where the Change amount displayed improperly in portrait mode.
- Ability to configure two Skidata portals via Connect associated to one venue.
How it works? • My Venue holds two different events simultaneously • I need to set up two Skidata payments (i.e. Loaded Value and Direct Payment) for each event separately • With Connect, I create two events, then with Connect Integrations page I add two Skidata payments - each with a different event assigned • Then, when using Activate I can select the event type and pay
To set up Skidata with Connect, you need to: • Log into your Venue to Connect • Navigate to Venue Settings > Integrations > Skidata Payments • Click the blue Create button and fill in all fields • Select Event Type and Payment Type from dropdown • Change the status to ON = active and save your changes
- Rounding operations for All Payment Types / for Cash Only.
– set rounding allowed payment type for the Vendor Role with Connect (Connect → Options → Vendor Role → General)
– make sure that Rounding feature is enabled for the whole Venue in Venue Settings via Connect
Case1: Set Rounding Allowed Payment Type to All Payment Types This setting means that Activate should apply rounding settings for every payment type (Cash, Credit, StoredValue, StoredTicket etc) Case2: Set Rounding Allowed Payment Type to Cash Only In this case, Activate will round for cash transactions only
- Sort Order – view changes.
2.1 Item sort order will now be presented on Activate in the same manner as they are set on Connect. Note: Sort Order can be managed via Connect from Connect → Options → Category Groups. 2.2 Additionally, users can now drag Menu items icons on Activate level and place them when they want to. This option can be enabled with Connect → Options → Permissions Sets → Main View → Drag Items = Yes.
- All-in-one cash drawer doesn’t open when Auto Print is disabled with Connect.
- Opening new tab orders on iPods causing errors.
- Adding tip with a different tender in offline mode.
- Finalize Day: Server’s Items Sold count.
- Localisation authorisation alert for GeoTax purpose.
When Activate account is assigned to a Vendor who uses GeoTax option, user will see a new alert message.
- Stability enhancements while entering Inventory Count In on iPods and iPhones.
- Opening Finalize Day in offline mode – crash fixes.
- Issues when trying to close check with Add Tip / Close Check button on Orders screen.
- Applying item-level discounts with Loyalty Card.
- Lack of customer’s name displayed on checks opened with name.
- New section added to Finalize Day view.
Currently, after opening Finalize Day from the left menu, there will be a section devoted to Custom Tenders that includes:
Note! The view will only be available, if it's enabled via Connect panel → Options → Permissions Sets → Finalize Day.
- Skidata Loyalty Points can now be printed on the receipt after checkout.
You can turn the setting on/off via Connect → Options → Vendor Roles → Printing → "Print User Loyalty Points". After enabling this option for the Venue, the final receipt will show "Total Loyalty Points:" - with the total points that are returned from Connect.
- Manager is able to edit and access server checks (opened in Restaurant Mode) within the same Vendor.
- Custom Fee – apply automatically.
Additional improvements to Restaurant mode include Custom Fees that can be now automatically applied to a check based on Vendor assignment or guest count.
To enable/disable Custom Fees auto-apply, log into Connect → Options → Custom fees → select one → open Details tab and switch “Apply automatically” to Yes.
While using Table service, Custom Fee will be added to a check on creation and can be removed (optionally) by a manager.
- Under the hood improvements of Restaurant mode feature for better usability and maintenance.
- Assigning Loyalty Card error in Easy Split mode for member benefit users.
- Difficulties when printing iPods / iPhones cash receipts on a 2-inch Bluetooth printer.
- Table Service – issues with typing check name.
- General enhancements of Restaurant mode.
- Showing incorrect error message “Card Expiration Date Invalid” when trying to finalize tranzactions with CC on iPads.
- Duplicate orders being displayed when checkout requests time out.
- Cash/Credit button on seat required Venues crashes.
- Devices equipped with Activate iOS (v.7.4) will now be sending the unique device ID to Connect. The ID will be visible in Activate’s Diagnostics page.
- Restaurant mode fixes when adding items to a seat.
- Activate -> “All Orders” view – bugfixes.
- Left menu -> Diagnostics page : fixed illegibility of information presented to user when using app in landscape view.
- Accessing “Finalize Day” page when device is offline.
- Ability to close modifier window on iPods.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Adjust tip for check orders.
How can I use Adjust Tip feature?
You open a check order and add a tip when finalizing transaction with a Credit Card.
Later, you notice that you’ve added the wrong tip and want to change its amount.
With Adjust Tip feature, you can adjust the tip amount on a check
What I need to know first?
– Adjust Tip works only on Check Orders
– The feature is available for payments finalized with Credit Card, in online mode only
What Connect configuration steps are required first?
To read more about Connect setup, look up release notes for Connect 10.17.2 (point 4).
How does it work on Activate?
– download the newest Activate version (7.3.1)
– change the Employee Role settings with Connect, to enable the Adjust Tip feature
– log into Activate
– create a new check order, add some items, close out the check and select payment method (in this case, that’s CC)
– swipe the card ( or use manual entry)
– select tip and tap “Continue”
– then, you can tap the “Edit tip” green button to change the previously added amount
– as a result, your previous Tip is changed
Note! If you are logged in 2 devices on shared account and tap "Logout", all tips will be finalized. After this action, there will be no more time to adjust the tips and orders will be immediately sent to Connect.
1. Offline Mode enhancements:
– users can now use Custom Tender payment method in Offline Mode
- Finalizing tab orders – issues with card authorization.
- Adding tip to order on Split Check view – fixes.
- Improvements of the Restaurant module (Table Service) functionality.
- Issues when trying to process Visa and MasterCard payments with Apple Pay on the Ingenico iSMP device paired with Activate.
- Sort order (alphabetical) for items not working properly.
- Ability to configure two Skidata portals via Connect associated to one venue.
How it works? My Venue holds two different events simultaneously. I need to set up two Skidata payments (i.e. Loaded Value and Direct Payment) for each event separately. On Connect, I create two events, then with Connect Integrations page I add two Skidata payments - each with a different event assigned. Then, when using Activate I can select the event type and pay.
To set up Skidata, you need to: - log into your Venue to Connect - navigate to Settings > Integrations > Skidata Payments - click the blue Create button and fill in all fields - select Event Type and Payment Type from dropdown - change the status to ON = active - save your changes
- Givex payments in offline mode.
Connect: - log into your Connect Venue and - navigate to Options and select the correct Employee Role - open Payments tab - make sure that Givex payment is enabled - switch the toggle "Can accept offline Givex" to Yes - save your changes Activate: - When the setting is Yes, then you can accept Givex payments offline.
Max Givex Transaction Threshold Note! Activate will only accept offline transactions when the value of the transaction is less than the Givex threshold setting. - in Employee Role > Payments tab there's an input "Max Givex Transaction Threshold" - when you enter there i.e $30, and set "Can accept offline Givex" to Yes, Activate would only accept offline Givex transactions within a maximum amount of $30.
- Issues with capturing tip and signature for single transaction orders.